Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Simple Knit Skirt From a Huge Tank Top

I'm a sucker for two things.  Well maybe more than two, but I am for sure a sucker for the clearance rack at any store, and I'm also a sucker for knit skirts.

I found this gem of a find at Walmart for a buck.
It's a 5XL cotton/poly blend light-weight knit tank top.  I couldn't leave it there for $1.  Like I said, I'm a sucker.

I wanted to leave the original hem of the shirt intact, as I'm not really a fan of sewing knits, and I'm lazy. So I chopped off the top portion, right under the arm pits.

 I pinned down about an inch for an elastic casing, making sure to leave a couple of inches open to feed the elastic through.


 I sewed a zig-zag stitch, fed the elastic through, and sewed her up, and TA DA...
Missing part of my head...

Me.  The awkward model in a breezy knit skirt.
Super easy, cheap, comfy, and cool for the hot summer ahead.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment