Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Another Favorite Dress (rescued from donation)

I'm a slacker.  There, I've said it.  I have been doing projects, either forgetting to take pictures, or not posting the ones that I have.  Sigh.

I'm beginning to think that the princess has a borderline unhealthy attachment to some of her clothes.  She has a really hard time getting rid of her favorite pieces, even when they no longer fit or are full of holes.  This next dress fits both bills.  Granted it is a super cute little number from Gymboree, but alas, it is a size 6, and her 8 year old butt was hanging out of the bottom.  Not ok.  I didn't get any before pictures (of course), but what I did was pretty straight forward and simple.

I used an old black t-shirt to add about 4 or 5 inches to the bottom.  I made the strip longer than I needed and gathered it to make a little ruffle action.

Dress with added black ruffle.
Interior shot with screen printing from the t-shirt that I used.  It's on the inside, so I didn't think it would be a big deal.


 The appliques on the front are literally falling off, so I did a couple of quick repairs on those too.  She'll get another couple of months of use out of this one until she makes me come up with a miracle to keep it forever.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment