Thursday, June 28, 2012

Recycled Desk Organizers

I'm baaaaack.  I took a couple of weeks off without even realizing it.  Time flies at the end of the school year, I guess.

I thought I would share my end of year gift for the Princess's teachers.  Super easy, made of recycled materials, and super handy.

First, collect Tetra Paks.  It seems like everything here comes in these containers.  Milk, juice, soy milk, tomato sauce...  I hate throwing them away, so I came up with a neat organizer.  I've been using mine for paint brushes, colored pencils, tools, markers, etc, etc.  I even made a smaller one out of little juice boxes to organize my make up and vast collection of lip gloss.

We're thirsty around here...

Cut the boxes in half.  It doesn't have to be exact.

Find some scrap cardboard.

Line up your boxes.

Trim the cardboard to fit.

Cut a handle.

Bust out the hot glue gun and glue the boxes to both sides of the cardboard and to each other.

Paint a base coat of white.  You really only have to do this if the paper you are using in the next step is see-through.  If you're using magazines or thicker paper, you can skip this step.
Glue and paper to decorate.  On these I used tissue paper in purple hues, but I've also done magazine collages and just painted designs.  GET CREATIVE!

Finished product.  The teacher can store all of her pencils, pens, scissors, etc, etc.
Here are some of the magazine collage organizers I made a while back too.
All green.

Red.

Yellow in action.
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you make some nifty organizers soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment